New Post has been published on https://skipandbinhire.co.uk/skip-size/
Our Top Tips To Help You Choose The Right Skip Size
Now There Is No Need To Worry If You Are Ordering The Right Skip Size: Contact Us Today And Let Us Help You Clear Your Rubbish Away.
If you have a problem with rubbish we can help you. Here are 10 steps to help you choose the perfect skip size and types.
Skip hire can be an affordable and convenient way of getting rid of your refuse, with numerous skip sizes and configurations available.
However, you need to know which option suits your requirements. Skips are available in a range of different sizes and shapes to suit almost any task.
The size that you will need is dependent on the amount of waste you will be producing.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
Table Of Contents
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row type=”vc_default” css=”.vc_custom_1483795253282background-color: #455268 !important;”][vc_column][vc_column_text]
The skip size you will choose will be dependent on what type of rubbish you are clearing.
Look at the following list to see which best suits your project.
- Domestic Rubbish: Boxes of junk that have been gathering dust in the attic for years? Use the 2-yard mini skip size for this kind of job.
- Small DIY Projects: Kitchen cabinets, bathroom fixtures and fittings. We would recommend a 4-yard skip size.
- Garden Rubbish: Simple garden maintenance, particularly in spring and autumn, such as mowing the lawn, pruning shrubs and trees and weeding flowerbeds can amass more waste than your ordinary domestic bin can cope with. If you’d rather avoid the hassle of transporting black bags full of messy garden rubbish to and from your local recycling centre by car, hiring a skip is a quick, convenient and cost-effective alternative which makes the process of garden rubbish clearance so much easier and less time-consuming. Depending on the amount of clearance a 4 or 6-yard size would be a good choice.
- House Renovation: Whether you’re converting loft space to create an extra room, replacing your 1970´s avocado bathroom suite or giving your kitchen a much-needed facelift, you will be able to fulfil your own home renovation projects, with out help. We would recommend the 8 yard builders skip for this type of project.
- Construction waste: This is waste resulting from the building, repair or demolition of buildings. Since the majority of construction waste comes from commercial building projects, local councils do not class it as domestic waste and will not accept large quantities at local recycling facilities. The most popular size to accommodate this sort of refuse is the aptly-named Builders Skip. It has a capacity of 8 cubic yards will accommodate up to 8 metric tonnes (8,000Kg) including bricks, mortar, rubble, paving stones and soil.
- Large House Clearances: Larger skips (such as the 12 cubic yard Maxi) are available, these are not generally suitable for heavy construction waste removal due to maximum weight restrictions calculated on the combined weight of a full skip and the lorry needed to transport it.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_empty_space height=”55px”][vc_column_text][/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_column_text]
- Commercial: Commercial skip hire is a practical way of dealing with the large volumes of waste that can be generated by businesses of all sizes during office clearances, shop refits, land reclamation, building works and refurbishment projects. Larger organisations may require commercial skip hire on a long-term basis in order to deal with the ongoing disposal of for example packaging or green waste from management of the land. Shops, restaurants, offices, builders and other commercial enterprises generally produce greater volumes of waste than domestic households. We would recommend the 8 or 12-yard container.
- Covered Skips: Do you have a problem that a skip left on a street is being used by others to dump their rubbish without permission? Or do you want covering in the case of adverse weather conditions and the rubbish becoming sodden and heavy? You may wish to enquire about the possibility of a covered skip or one which can be locked, thus protecting your skip from the elements or cheeky individuals who want to dispose of their own rubbish for free!
- How much weight does a skip hold? The capacity of a skip is measured in cubic yards. As a rule of thumb, one cubic yard will contain up to one metric tonne (1,000 KG) of waste.
- Space Available: Make sure you carefully consider the dimensions of the skip to decide where you will locate it. The mini-skip will fit in most driveways meaning you won’t require a license. Most builder’s skips will need to be located on the street so you will need to ask for a license to be arranged.
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row type=”vc_default” css=”.vc_custom_1483795148387background-color: #f4f4f4 !important;”][vc_column][vc_column_text]
So when you are thinking of ordering, make sure you are well informed and make the right choice to save you time and money. Our useful buying guide will tell any novice exactly what they need to know.
Make sure you are also aware of what is considered hazardous waste and cannot be put in a skip:
[/vc_column_text][vc_row_inner css=”.vc_custom_1483802854457margin-bottom: 32px !important;background-color: #f4f4f4 !important;”][vc_column_inner width=”1/2″][vc_column_text]
- Medical Waste
- Flo tubes
- Gas cylinders
- Electrical Goods
- Paint tins
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column_inner][/vc_row_inner][vc_column_text]So, if you are not a builder you will soon sound like you are one if you read our steps to help you choose the correct type from the variety of skip sizes.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row type=”vc_default” css=”.vc_custom_1483794993187background-color: #455268 !important;”][vc_column][vc_column_text]
Now that you are fully informed there is no need to delay! Order the skip size you need today.